Spectra Shield® reduces weight of overall breast plate design and substantially improves multi-hit protection.
Our ballistic composite materials are used in a variety of soft and hard body armor applications for police, military and VIPs, including:
- Concealable and tactical vests
- Breast plates
- Protective outer garments (POGs)
- Protective under garments (PUGs)
Our materials are also used in hand shields and bomb blankets.
The lightweight, high-strength materials offer many benefits:
- Pistol and rifle threat protection
- Fragmentation protection
- Backface reduction
- Comfort and flexibility
- Little to no moisture absorption
- Improved survivability for mission completion
DOWNLOAD OUR BODY ARMOR OVERVIEW
VIEW OUR LINE OF BALLISTIC COMPOSITE MATERIALS FOR BODY ARMOR
In addition to a ballistics laboratory, Honeywell has a variety of industry-accepted testing capabilities to characterize the non-ballistic performance of helmets.
Helmet manufacturers are faced with the challenge of pairing helmet performance improvements with reductions in weight. Our ballistic composite materials provide superior ballistic and fragment protection performance at the lowest possible weight.
Our customers take advantage of our complete in-house facility designed to quickly and effectively develop best-in-class helmet offerings. Our applications laboratory enables:
- Material design
- Rapid creation of new materials and technologies
- Prototype helmet manufacturing
- End-article testing (ballistic and non-ballistic)
Honeywell ballistic materials are also used to manufacture protective gear that provides face protection, such as mandibles.
DOWNLOAD OUR HELMET BROCHURE
VIEW OUR LINE OF BALLISTIC COMPOSITE MATERIALS
Honeywell offers a variety of ballistic composite materials to meet the broad spectrum of performance, weight, cost and environmental requirements for complex and demanding vehicle armor designs, including:
- Fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft armor
- Light tactical vehicle and large ground vehicle armor
- Fast boat and littoral combat ship armor
Vehicle armor made with Honeywell’s ballistic composite materials is:
- Lightweight for increased travel time, distance, maneuverability and load transport
- Strong to withstand a wide range of threats
- Designed for improved survivability and mission completion
VIEW OUR AVIATION ARMOR OVERVIEW
VIEW OUR LINE OF BALLISTIC COMPOSITE MATERIALS FOR VEHICLE ARMOR